Outcomes for Creating Stable Links
Working through this guide will assist you to:
- Understand why and how proxied, stable/persistent/durable links may be used
- Understand why it is important to construct them accurately
- Be aware of how to construct a stable link for remote access using VIU's proxy prefix
- Have greater confidence in creating and testing your own links
- Know how to access help as required
Why Stable Links?
For online course readings to work well, on and off campus, a stable, proxied link to each reading must be constructed.
These links or URLs are known as persistent, durable, or stable, depending on the source.
It is worth noting that to comply with copyright law, you should link to readings from licensed databases using a stable link instead of copying the material.